Big Screen Blog

Media Center, Windows Phone7 + Silverlight Goodness..

Media Center Show Awards 2006 Results

with 3 comments

The results of the Media Center Show Awards for 2006 were announced last night, on a special edition of the show (co hosted with Ed Bott).

I’m pleased to announce that I picked up the following results (a big thanks to everyone for voting for me/my products) :

  • Best Vista Media Center Application –  Winner – Big Screen Headlines
  • Best Enthusiast Media Center Blog – 3rd Place – Big Screen Blog  (this blog)
  • Outstanding Design Award – 3rd Place – Big Screen Headlines

There wasn’t a huge focus on Vista Media Center with the awards – as only 18% of the voters surveyed are running it so far (and the other 82% are still running MCE2005) – however I’m sure for next years awards it will be almost ALL Vista (and hopefully some more Vista specific addins will be out by then like My Movies etc)..

Some of the other (very deserving) Winners included :

Please see Ian Dixon’s Post (included with the Podcast) for more results (and further Survey Results).

Hopefully Ian will also publish the full results list on his blog when he gets a chance. (as some results are only available via listening to the podcast).

Also worthy of mention is that Brian Binnerup (My Movies) – has launched a competition, with the aim of building up an Online Database of DVD movie info (which will ultimately become a datasource for the My Movies Product). Users can earn points by posting product data for DVD’s – and there’s some really cool prizes as incentive. I strongly encourage everyone to contribute to this database (even if you aren’t trying to win) – as it will be a great source of DVD info in the future.

Advertisements

Written by mobilewares

February 2, 2007 at 12:35 am

Posted in Vista MediaCenter

3 Responses

Subscribe to comments with RSS.

  1. Congratulations Niall (and the others of course), well deserved!
     
    Impressive that you got 3rd place in the blog category since you only started this blog a few months ago 🙂

    Richard

    February 2, 2007 at 6:09 am

  2. Congrats from one third place(myremotemouse) to another.

    Been meaning to say for some time how much I have been enjoying your blog.

    Garry

    February 6, 2007 at 8:06 am

  3. Congrats from one third place(myremotemouse) to another.

    Been meaning to say for some time how much I have been enjoying your blog.

    Garry

    February 6, 2007 at 8:06 am


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: